Click Here

Saturday, January 15, 2005

I watch the sky when I'm walking. People tell me they watch their feet, to know they're making progress. Can't take looking ahead, to see their destination still at the horizon of the cluttered vision.

But yeah, I look up. The stars are drowned out by the raucous light pollution of the sleepy houses, but I still see Orion. Unrelated:

There are about 6.02 * 10^23 molecules in a mole. There have been about 4.32 *10^17 seconds since the universe began. Or 4.32 *10^20 milliseconds. This means that for every MILLISECOND since time began, there are over 1000 molecules in just one mole. Wait: a mole is like 12 grams of soot. Or like 24 litres of air, which is only the size of like a ten foot cube. These are all rough estimates, but. . . . . . . . . Massive.

Anyway, I like looking at the sky because it moves faster than the ground. And it's beautiful. It means I'm not alone, because there's other people, just like me, eternally looking up. And some day, when I'm alone and scared, I'll sit and look at the sky.

On another note, today I ran, noticing my shadow escaping me as I got further from the yellow lights. Light is everything. Light, light light, light, light. I love it. My sight is imperfect, leaving things mysteriously illuminated and oddly, disturbingly beautiful. Oooh is that the time? Is this really my writing? Why does Hendrix's 'star-spangled banner- actually sound good? Something must be odd. Bye!

Comments:
Just tired... Oh well.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?