Click Here

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Sorry I've been away, but it's been a weekend of working. Fun, but work nonetheless...

I'm sure I had a post sitting in my stomach, prepared to burst onto the page, but maybe I lost it when I had lunch. Can't remember now anyway.

Today's been a mouse-trapped night-time kitchen floor, where you should turn on a light but won't, because it's a fun game this way. Oh, and because waking people up in my explosive house would be equivalent to throwing yourself down a mineshaft.
And look at that laboured analogy...

Oh well. So yeah, today's been a bit spiffy and a bit iffy, and whether one will out-weigh the other by night-time is anyone's guess. On the plus, lots of fun but virtuous extra-curric., including videos, talks and lit. society. No statistics test after all and a surprising amount of time to do homework also fit onto that side.
On the minus... Actually not much, except German work that needs urgent completion.

Whenever I get to writing the bad, it deserts me and everything feels all fairy again... Which of course it should, seeing as I'm middle-class rich and rosy. Oh hush, I know I have a right to sadness too, but that doesn't mean I'm justified in expressing it. Who knows? Maybe my sadness is just a raindrop on my head when others are being poured on. Or maybe writing is therapeutic.

I'm generally a happy person I guess, although some people find my incessant and fairly odd grin disturbing.

Another plus was discovering these pictures of Galois. An odd, pretty mathematician who is probably much more important than those pursed lips. And who brightened up my day.

I know I said I'd write more on Northern Lights, but I'm in the process of being homework-involved and have to go.

p.s. it feels good to write again, even if I'm sure my writing style is passionately whimsical and unimportant. Not that I mind - tangential is how I am, and I'll stay like it.

Comments:
"[M]y writing style is passionately whimsical and unimportant"

Perhaps, but that's why I like it.

"[T]angential is how I am, and I'll stay like it"I should bloody well think so! Keep up the good work.

OAO
 
Aw thanks. I thought you were the OAO of NLaV... Cool :)
 
Oh dear, my infamy precedes me!

I don't think I've ever been cool, so thank you. I suppose if I'm kind to myself I did make a half-hearted attempt to follow fashion once in 1981. It's too hideous for details. I will simply leave you with the thought "burgundy Stay Pressed trousers"...

OAO
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?