Click Here

Saturday, December 11, 2004

It seems like a time since I wrote. Friday I went to a poetry reading at at teacher's house. After everyone but me and my close friends had left, we sat in his lounge listening to Small Faces and pondering out loud.
There was a musk of poignancy. His house must be so cold usually, with no one there and just volumes and volumes of books for love. For about three moments everything focussed in my mind and I let tears form behind my eyes, secret but comforting.

Today I sealed the floors in my new house, and blared music all over them straight after and danced all on my own with a broom for company.

I thought it would be so easy to write after Friday, and I imagine it would've been before I was chased from the computer by my father. And the next thing to happen was being woken up, and then I went and worked.

It's all grey and concrete there, but I got a break to go coach fencing. I love kids...

Anyway I have to soak in a bath and do maths and more besides. Bye!

Comments:
I love the part-finished shells of new buildings, like I love the part-decayed shells of old ones. It's that sense of potential in a new space, or the pang of loss in one that has seen better days.

The most terrible thing is an old building that has been inappropriately "rescued". Example - the old engine sheds and machine shops of the Great Western Railway works at Swindon. Now delightfully restored into.... a Designer Outlet Shopping Village. To show their credentials, though, they've put a steam engine in the eating area, so you can admire the heritage as you tuck into pre-frozen-then-nuked food from "around the world". [sigh]

The Architecturally Dispirited OAO.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?