Click Here

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Christmas is a prime way to spot normality. I know a few normal people, and frankly, I can't believe it. I spot them when they've bought a facial massage for their mother, or some other meaningless and completely average gift. I mean, it's not that it's not a nice present. It's meant well, it'll be received well.

But how? It's all in the same vein to me as, I dunno... Maybe proposing to someone in a hot air balloon. Indelibly naff. I don't understand how some of that stuff happens... Do normal people really have the relationship problems detailed so enthusiastically in magazines? Do people make up this crap to me? I heard today about someone calling themselves 'Dr Love' at a party, before trying to eat someone's face off. I don't understand at all...

How can people have that lack of self-awareness? I mean, drink must help somewhat, but... Wearing a shirt with the slogan 'I've lost my number, can I have yours?' just gives me a look of blank.

With the romance, I understand the sentiment. I understand wanting to do something wunnerful for someone else, really I do. But when it comes to being completely and devotedly unironic, that's where I draw the line. Calling someone 'Mrs (insert your surname)', expressing your love in cliches. Ideally, she'd laugh at you. But no. Instead people walk around in their own fairy-tales, each trying to find their ideal person inside someone it isn't.

I think this is just my manifestation of Christmas spirit...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?