Click Here

Friday, October 01, 2004

Yesterday was a great day!
Well, it started well enough. Talked to Lucinda a lot. Talked to her about books, love, Leticia, ^_^. She's already important to me. She loves life enough to talk about everything she's learned. She describes everyone with the greatest affection. She loves people, and that isn't normal or seriously cool. She, in short, is a dreamy human.

And then, I left school. Cycled home, caught the train into town! I was looking for the blood donation centre, and I was nervous. I absolutely LOATHE following directions... I feel lost and keep wondering whether or not to double back. But I kept on course, found it, and gave blood.
It was ok. They need better public relations.
I mean... It's a pretty shabby service. They don't really care. They're all bored. It's a disgrace actually, although I'll still go back.
The one redeeming feature was their anemia test. They put blood into a test tube, and then it forms a torus and sinks after about 14 seconds. It was like alchemy, and made me feel magical.

At Finsbury Park I saw a pretty woman hoisting her bike up the stairs. I gave her a broad smile, helped her out. Smile, smile, smile. Chance encounters like this make me feel Samaritan.

On the train platform, Scissor Sisters filled my head with strange and perfectly meaningful words. 'Like a detective without a case, I magnify what you say, and I test the implications'. I sang along to tits on the radio, letting my voice reach a note unfeasible. And noticed two washed-up women, eyeing me and giggling. In my head were scenarios. In reality, I sat there and enjoyed the impression I made on them.

I went to the Goethe Institut as well. It's a German library/resource centre. It's awesome. Arranged in the most friendly way possible, there's even a mezzanine for students. The receptionist's smile felt like an ocean wave: unexpected, refreshing. If I lived nearer, it would be a hide-away.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?