Click Here

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

The Lunar Eclipse

As I walked down that road I could feel the chill that is so homely to me. The air was sparkling with moody potential. It was the kind of night where I would hold their personal alarm especially close, if I had one.

And then I looked up at the sky, the brooding bleeding clouds lying on the horizon.

My vanity says they're coming for me, but I stand there as the dog pulls at the lead, and admire how it would look if I took a picture... If I took it. The Moon would resent it's soul being taken at such a transient time, just as it finally got a break of looking at the Earth.

The moon glares at me from it's red veil, like an enigmatic bride-to-be. If only it didn't look at me so alluringly...

The telephone lines and the houses frame the moon eternally. It's like Shenmue in it's pathetically endearing and beautiful allure. It's like any film moment of sympathetically-portrayed beauty that makes you retch with cliche.

It's full of beauty I miss because I'm afraid to see the world like other people see it. Because I want to be original and because I can't, just CAN'T, bear the thought that perhaps, someone else can appreciate it too. And that I'm not with them as the dog pulls me home.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?