Click Here

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

As I sit and watch the links go stale doing my media I think.
I think of all the fabulous nonsense I could write here to amuse myself. And I cringe when I think about how self-indulgent it would be to write about my life. Because I don't write that great and also 'cos nothing happens to me.
Sorry, that's a shitty sentiment and I'm not defeatist like that. Things do happen to me; I just can't relate them with enough skill. So I'll try to learn.
Today Miss told me my prose was purple. And that if I wanted a Nobel prize for literature I would need to rectify it. At which I huhhed.
I mean for one, I know for a fact I don't have more skill than many in my school. True, that I do attend a selective school, but still. And secondly it follows such a wave of presumptions. I mean for one, I hate it when people say stuff like: 'but you'll definitely get blah or blah'.
And for two? I feel funnelled into her dumb world of expectation and her paralysis of being a faliure.

But I'm just trying to write in a decidedly less purple way.
So Au Revoir for now, I hope to get more time soon.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?