Click Here

Monday, January 12, 2004

Idle fantasy no.2:
I feel a lump. I get it diagnosed.
Testicular cancer.
Wow, I think. I am to have an operation, with 15% chance of failure.
I say my goodbyes to the people in my life, tearfully.
I tell all the classmembers of the discovery: 'hey, I don't wanna get you worked up for nothing though.'
I start thinking more about the imminent prospect of death. It'll be kind of a shame, if I don't die now.
I lie on my bed. And some genius has gotten Thierry Henry to come in.
i don't know of my reaction: the fantasy splinters. I probably cry. With such joy.
Then I have the operation.

And then I come out of the haze and think. And I'm almost sad that I don't have it, and that I don't get an end or a respite.
Look I know! I know that if I had it I'd wish it were something else.
But that doesn't stop me wanting to be special.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?